Thursday, September 10, 2009

The season that wasn't...

Hard to believe I only did one race so far this year. The chaos that has become my life this summer has presented some new challenges and turned my focus to other things. What is really sad is my mountain bike only saw dirt twice this year so far.

I did decide that despite everything I'm going to attempt LOTOJA anyway with the goal of just getting to Afton and seeing how I feel. I've got a great support crew from my former neighbor and good friend Big D and his wife, who told me if I pull him all the way to Jackson his wife and sister-in-law would hand me feeds, to the Bull Elk and his family who offered a place to stay Friday night. After this weekend I can turn my focus to just riding for fun again and hopefully doing a few cross races this year and building a good base for next season. I am sad though that once again I'll be riding a mountain bike for cross instead of a real cross bike but there is always next year....

No comments:

Modified by Blogcrowds