Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Final Countdown

Skipped the Cole Sport ride last night. I got reports that the "Not in the Corner Canyon" fire pushed smoked into PC creating poor visibility and probably air quality. The last thing I need is to be sick two weeks before the biggest race of the year.

The plan for tonight is an easy 1 - 1.5 hour spin to stretch the legs and keep the fitness up with tomorrow a longer more intense ride perhaps up Butterfield to keep the legs strong.

LOTOJA is the primary focus, I got the final email yesterday with my number and pack start list, some interesting names. Looks like Brian Jeppson - the Bull Elk's old mountain biking nemesis is doing LOTOJA. Red Burro from Vegas as always is sending a large group including the 2nd place finisher from TofPC. It also looks like the guys from AZ we met at TofPC are also riding with us.

I've been asked about my goals for LOTOJA so I thought I'd share them.

1. Keep hydrated and don't bonk between Geneva and Salt Creek. I plan on grabbing and drinking an extra bottle before leaving Montpilier.

2. No pit stops before Strawberry Canyon.
This is how I got dropped last year although if I see 10 or more guys in the pack stopped I think I may reconsider. I'm not talented enough to ride and go like the pros

3. Close in on the 10 hour mark.
This is weather dependant. I think if I can meet goal #1 I can keep a 20 mph average and finish close or with a sub 10 time ( Last year I average 19.5 MPH and had riding time of 10:27 so every little bit helps). If the wind is out of the north or bad weather the goal will then change to just finishing! Also, part of this is going to be getting the total stop time below 10 minutes.

No comments:

Modified by Blogcrowds