Thursday, August 28, 2008

Colton who?

Tonight was the Butterfield road race, or that's what it seemed like. Met up with Tanline, The Red Rider, The Hampster, and First Timer for a ride to the top of Butterfield. We started up the road

and laughed at the graffiti on the road. Colton loves Josh, Colton has a woman's body part, by the time we got to the real climb it was just fun trying to guess how Colton was going to be slandered next.

I was determined to do something I've never done and that was ride the middle section in the saddle. It hurt and there were times I was doing 34 rpms but I made it in my 39X26.

Todd had since left Mark and I as we started up the top section, Kris and Jared were somewhere behind. I finally got to the top 49 minutes after turning off the highway. 6.81 miles and 2300 feet of climbing.

At the top "no those aren't arm warmers"
Todd and I waiting for Kris who rolled up a few minutes later.

After a quick break we decided to roll back down and pick Jared up on the way down. We never saw him as he had turned back in the ride of shame. Actually, we told him this was going to be his first attempt. It seems most people over estimate the canyon and end up failing their first attempt at "summiting" the canyon. Todd was worried about getting home before dark so it was a mad sprint down to Riverton where I pealed off and went home.

1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

Good report.

Your were riding strong, as usual. Nice job staying in the saddle while cranking the steep!

The run down the canyon was fun. Sorry I faded so fast after I pulled ahead. I was feeling guilty that you were pulling the whole way. Given how run down I was I should have just sat in. Oh, well, it's all for fun.

Modified by Blogcrowds