Wednesday, March 18, 2009

15 minute rule

I'm not sure where I read it, I think it was Turbo that said if you are supposed to train but really don't feel like it ride for 15 minutes if you feel better keep going, if not it's your body saying you need to recover. I started riding last night and didn't feel the love in my legs. I decided to give the rule a try. Sure enough after about 13 minutes I started to feel better. My legs were a little heavy but I felt much better and decided to continue on. As I rounded U-111 I found myself at the mouth of Butterfield. I started up and got to the gate. No snow! There was something in the back of my mind that said you don't want to ride up Butterfield this early. I couldn't remember why so I started up. I made it just past the meadow and snapped this picture.


Then I started down the decent and it hit my why I didn't ride up Butterfield this early. My back tire was flat! Every time I rode up Butterfield before the cars had cleaned off the road I got a flat. I quickly change the tube and continued down. Then about a mile from the bottom I knew I was in trouble as the back tire was flat again. I was out of tubes but luckily my phone worked and I used my phone-a-spouse lifeline to meet me at the gate.

By the way, Colton and Josh are still in love according to the graffiti on the road..

1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

Thanks for the Butterfield recon, not that I'm form to hit it now.

Glad to hear Colton and Josh are still together.

Modified by Blogcrowds