Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sin City

Yep I'm in Vegas this week attending a SharePoint boot camp. For you non-geeks SharePoint is Microsoft's web-based collaboration system. Since my company is rolling out internally and externally I thought it would be a good idea to formally learn how to design, plan and administor the system.

I'm not a big fan of Vegas, my 401k seems like a big enough gamble right now so I'm not a big player. I'm staying at the Hilton I have a great view of the golf course and the convention center.

I guess it's better then construction across the street. Last night I decided to go for a walk and went to the Mirage. It was about 4 miles round trip. I got lucky and just as I reached the Venetian it started to rain so I hung out there for a few minutes before walking over to the Mirage and then back to the Hilton.

Question: Why do quarter slots only take bills not quarters?

View Larger Map

1 comment:

Mark Schaerrer said...

I came across your blog and I was wondering what you are currently doing with sharepoint. I work for statera. We are a consulting and services company located in the fort union area. If you don't mind I would like to talk to you about our company and what we are doing here and how you might fit in to it. Feel free to email me at mark.schaerrer@statera.com or call me at 801-676-2446 I look forward to hearing from you

Mark Schaerrer

Modified by Blogcrowds